Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sound Vibes

There is a home appliances showroom a few blocks from my office. Last Friday, as I waited in front of it to cross the road on my way home, I found a rick parked in front of it without a driver. A white SUV came up behind it and started to honk. The pedestrians (includes me too) gestured and tried to tell the driver of the SUV that there was no driver in the rick. But the blind punk behind the wheel was oblivious to our efforts. The bumper-to-bumper traffic, chaos, and the noise drove us crazy. Some hurled the choicest of obscenities at the SUV's driver, who chose to ignore it and the others... I don’t know what went on in their minds. As for me, I went ahead and composed a verse and sang it all the way home to vent my frustration.

Honk, honk, and honk you punk
Honk with all your soul... (Sing)
Arsehole... (Shout)
It won’t make a fuckin’ difference
Coz there’s no driver in the rick... (Sing)
You prick... (Shout)
(Sing it to the rhythm of the old rhyme, “Row, row, row a boat...”)

No comments:

Post a Comment